You probably know it’s important to get enough protein, but if you’re not chowing down on a good amount of meat, it can be a challenge. Give your body what it needs with tasty, protein-packed bars that are full of wholesome, fresh ingredients. Prep these ahead of time, and you have a great on-the-go snack that will help you curb cravings before your meals, or when you need an extra boost throughout the day. Here, we rounded up the healthiest and easiest protein bar recipes that you can feel great about.
Feature Image and Recipe for Matcha Energy Bars by Grateful Grazer
- 1¼ cups dates, pitted + roughly chopped
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla bean or pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp matcha powder + additional for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs unsweetened
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine dates, almonds, cashews, hemp seeds, vanilla, + 2 tsp matcha powder in food processor and pulse until well-combined. Mixture should stick together like a dough when pressed. If mixture is falling a part, add a few more dates and process again until combined.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse just enough for cacao to be dispersed throughout.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper (so bars are easier to remove later) and add bars to dish. Use hands or the back of a spoon to press the mixture down until it is compact and smooth. Sprinkle coconut and additional matcha on top and press down with back of spoon.
- Place dish in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove bars from dish by pulling out parchment paper. Cut into bars + store in fridge for up to 1 week.